We are offering an Advertising Coordinator/Production Assistant internship at Page One Publishing Inc. in Victoria, BC
The intern’s focus will be on assisting the Production Manager with our three in-house magazine titles as well as our contract publications with the following:
- Communicating with advertising clients regarding their advertising material
- Checking/proofing supplied art work for creative and technical accuracy
- Proofing ads out to clients
- Liaising with the art department
- A can-do attitude
- The ability to take/follow direction
- Highly organized
- Proofreading ability (strong attention to detail)
- Accurate and friendly communication skills
- Understanding of processes (preferably in media)
- Working knowledge of Mac systems, database and/or Adobe CS software an asset
- Must be a student or recent graduate (within 3 years)
- Completing all tasks in a timely manner
- Showing understanding of Page One’s products
- Proofing accurately
- Thoroughly accessing supplied creative
- Writing correspondence with clients that is accurate, responsive and friendly
- The Intern will report directly to the Production Manager, and mentored by the Publisher.
The intern will be included in all team meetings, company events and staff functions. The intern would also be welcome to ask any of the staff, from designers to editors to publishers, about their role in the publishing process to support a greater understanding of the publishing industry. Page One believes in offering a positive work environment where everyone is considered an asset to the team and deserves to be treated with respect.
Time commitment: This is a part-time (minimum 20 hours/week, 17 weeks) 4-month internship starting February 1, 2018 and ending May 31, 2018.
Pay: $13.00 per hour
To apply: Please send an introduction email and your resume to Jennifer Kühtz, production manager <firstname.lastname@example.org> with the subject line Internship, by January 23, 2018.