MARKET RESEARCH & ONLINE SALES FUNNEL DEVELOPMENT – INTERNSHIP
The successful candidate will assist in the creation, implementation and testing of a cohesive, compelling marketing program that accurately identifies INSPIRED Senior Living magazine’s brand and creates cohesion between our main brand products (print magazine, website and events). The outcome will be the development of
- well researched, compelling and easily understood marketing materials and
- an online sales funnel that will seek out, identify, capture and convert potential advertisers.
RESEARCH & MARKETING MATERIALS
Must have excellent online research skills and the ability to identify pertinent marketing data from reputable sources to support our marketing goals. Research will establish
- who our avatar advertiser is,
- the relevance of our 55+ readership, and
- reasons why our print magazine, website and events together with our reader demographic offer the potential of a high ROI for advertisers who use our branded products.
Must be able to extract most powerful and relevant information from research and format it into marketing materials for print and online distribution.
ONLINE SALES FUNNEL
Must understand the mechanics of an effective online sales funnel to provide a step by step path for businesses to partnering with us to reach the 55+ consumer. Execution of this online sales funnel will include
- unveiling the compelling statistics that identify the 55+ consumer as a prime target for businesses,
- clearly articulating our brand and various products, and
- offering our partnership and expertise to help businesses reach this consumer.
Applicants must be students at or recent graduates (within 3 years) from an accredited post-secondary institution.
Knowledge about online funnel marketing is an asset, as is the ability to write compelling marketing copy based on solid research data. Must be astute in understanding the significance of the research data they collect, and able to creatively translate it into marketing materials that are easy to understand and simple to read.
The intern will:
- Understand our products and marketing objectives
- Help us create a cohesive brand message that extends to all our products and endeavours
- Research and capture existing research data to support reasons why the 55+ demographic is such an important consumer market to reach, and why our magazine (print, and print/digital) is an affordable and targeted means to reach this consumer.
- Design a powerful marketing message and sales funnel process to convert potential businesses into advertising customers
- Work on the integration of all our tertiary products under our brand, maximizing them as additional revenue streams; including our events, online housing dbase, blogs, podcasts, books, newsletters, etc.
- Look for solid, meaningful and productive collaboration/partnership opportunities to grow our brand and business, increase our footprint and circle of influence, in BC and beyond.
This job is not about developing or expanding our company in the social media context. The intern will not be working with Facebook or Twitter. However, having an understanding of these forums and how they work would be helpful.
Length of internship: 16 weeks, plus 2 unpaid weeks during holiday break.
Position: half-time, 20 hours per week.
Location: Victoria, BC
Initial application deadline: October 11, 2017. Posting will be active until filled.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to: Barbara Risto, Publisher – email@example.com 250-479-4705 (x 105)