The Magazine Association of BC (MagsBC) was founded in 1993 to represent, connect and promote the British Columbia magazine industry.
The Magazine Association of BC is a member-driven, not-for-profit organization which believes in the interconnected cultural and economic value of a vital British Columbia magazine publishing industry.
MagsBC works to foster an environment where new magazines are nurtured, established magazines are supported and magazine staff are able to develop their skills.
Our membership consists of magazine publishing companies and affiliate organizations, publishers, editors, writers, designers, salespeople, printers and developers who work for magazine titles that range from literary and lifestyle to business and news, and are in both online and in print formats.
FULL (MAGAZINE) MEMBERS
Full (voting) and probationary memberships are available to publishers of a British Columbia magazine, journal, digital magazine, or other periodical of a cultural, social, economic, political or artistic nature.
Full members have access to all the programs and services offered by MagsBC, including a member profile on our website.
Apply to become a full member here.
See a complete list of our member magazines here.
Affiliate membership is open to publishers whose magazines are ineligible for membership, as well as to other allied and trade organizations that share the aims of the association.
Affiliate members have a listing on our website and are eligible for free and discount registrations.
You can fill out our affiliate membership application form and pay for your affiliate membership here.
- Alberta Magazine Publishers Association
- Association of Book Publishers of BC (ABPBC)
- Erak Global Works, Ltd.
- Magazines Canada
We would also like to thank the many associations and organizations contributing to and involved in Creative Industries Week 2022, without whom we would not have this amazing opportunity to talk with provincial MLAs, aides, and bureaucrats about our industry and our sector. They include:
Associate membership is open to BC individuals who share the aims of the association and who are professionals or students in publishing or a related field.
Associate members can access MagsBC member services, including professional development bursaries, and attend association events for free or at a discount.
Associate members also receive a member listing on our website.
Apply to become an associate member here.
As associate membership is only open to BC-based industry professionals and students, you do not need to pay dues until your application is approved by the board.
Supporting membership is open to individuals who wish to join or support the Association without going through the more involved application process or who may be ineligible for Associate membership.
Supporting members receive news and information, can access certain member services, and can claim member discounts on MagsBC, AMPA, and Magazines Canada events.
Supporting members are recognized here unless they choose not to be.
As of June 29, 2022, our supporting members included:
- Cynthia Annett-Hynes, Publisher|Editor, EAT Magazine
- Helen Siwak, President, Folio.YVR Luxury Lifestyle Magazine / EcoLuxLifestyle.co, EcoLuxLuv Communications, Vancouver, BC
- Jackie Rohde, Co-Owner & Editor-in-Chief, Whistler Traveller Magazine, Whistler, BC
- Joel Unickow, Publisher/Owner, Island Fisherman Magazine, Lantzville, BC
- Lina Rached, Publisher, 123 Publications Ltd., Vancouver, BC
- Lisa Olson, Publisher, Orchard & Vine Magazine, West Kelowna, BC
- Marlon Moreno, Publisher and Editorial Director, Moreno and Company Inc., Toronto, ON
- Remy Rousseau, Publisher, L’Automobile, Rousseau Marketing, Boucherville, QC
- Sheila Badman, Editor, Cowichan Valley Voice Magazine, Duncan, BC
- Steven Casey, Business Development Manager, Erak Global Works Ltd., Bath, Somerset, UK
- Wah Keung Chan, Publisher, La Scena Musicale, Montréal, QC
You can fill out our supporting membership form and pay your dues here.