The Magazine Association of BC has applied for funding for seven 16-22 week half-time internships between July 2017 and March 2, 2018.
All member magazines are invited at this time to submit an application for an internship subsidy of up to 80%. This application should include the following:
- By July 7 in order that we can gauge interest and demand:
- A brief expression of interest (one to two paragraphs)
- Part 1 of the internship details form
- By July 14 for internships starting in late July or in August or by July 31 for internships starting in September or later and ending no later than March 2, 2018
- A job posting for the internship with all details (start and end dates, hours of work, pay, etc.)
We will then contact you within a few days to let you know what subsidy funding we can offer you.
Please read the Internship Initiative Guide for 2017-2018 before submitting your application. If you have questions, or you are unable to meet the deadlines but still wish to host an internship and apply for funding, please contact Sylvia Skene, Executive Director, at 604-688-1175.
The association has applied for multi-year funding from the Canada Periodical Fund for the internship subsidy program, so in future we hope to put out a request for applications from member magazines by February and July to give magazines plenty of time to create a position and find a great intern for the summer and/or fall/winter.