Page One Publishing is looking for a talented and experienced editorial designer. As a valued member of the team, you’ll thrive in a performance-driven environment that emphasizes employee leadership and accountability for delivering results.
Page One Publishing, established in 1998, is one of British Columbia’s largest independent magazine publishers.
Learn more about us online: http://www.pageonepublishing.ca/
Reporting to the Production Manager, you will be responsible for designing and preparing publications, advertisements, and promotional material.
The following are the key responsibilities for this role:
• design and flow entire publications
• create compelling designs that are within brand standards
• research and acquire supporting graphic content
• design and produce ads, promotional material, etc
• work with all team members; artists, sales, and management, with a high degree of communication
• check supplied ad material for technical soundness
To be considered for this position, candidates must have the following qualifications:
• an excellent grasp on current design and typography trends
• detail oriented with solid technical skills and knowledge of print industry practices and standards, from prepress to print production
• ability to work independently and meet tight deadlines
• must be self-motivated and detail oriented with the ability to handle multiple projects, problem solve and have an excellent sense of prioritizing in a fast-paced environment
• magazine publishing experience an asset
• extensive knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) on a Mac platform.
Resumes may be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. POSITION FILLED.
NO TELEPHONE CALLS or “ON SITE” VISITS
Only those candidates shortlisted for this position will be contacted.