Adbusters Media Foundation is looking for a seasoned, politically savvy freelance writer and a graphic designer to join them in their activist adventures.
The successful candidates will have plenty of professional experience and a passion for reckoning with the pressing issues of our time.
On a part-time basis, the candidate will work closely with editorial staff, including the editor-in-chief, to conceive, edit and write stories.
- Extensive professional experience (books, articles, etc.)
- Deep writerly sensibility
- Familiarity with Adbusters’ political stance
On a part-time basis, the candidate will work closely with editorial staff, including the editor-in-chief, to help create visual material for our magazine and website.
- Extensive professional experience
- Keen visual sensibility
- Competence with digital tools such as Photoshop and InDesign
- Familiarity with Adbusters’ magazines, books and campaigns
Job Conditions & Compensation
Both jobs are hybrid (remote + in-person). Adbusters is located in Vancouver.
Hours and compensation for each position are to be negotiated. Compensation is on a monthly basis (stipend of between $1000 and $2000).
Send your resume and cover letter with the subject line stating which position(s) you’re applying for + your name to Ellina Rabat at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Both positions will remain open until filled.