Title: Publications Coordinator
Reports to: Publications Manager
FT/PT: Full-time (35 hours)
Permanent/Temporary: Temporary, 16 weeks
Start date: August 23rd, 2023
Work hours: Monday to Friday, 7 hours a day
Who We Are.
The Student Association of BCIT is a non-profit student services and advocacy organization at the second largest post-secondary institution in British Columbia. The SA supports and enhances the quality of student life for over 48,000 full-time and part-time students across five campuses. Students lead our organization and drive our strategy. Everything that we do is about increasing the value of the student experience.
The Publications Coordinator intern will work on a variety of publications throughout their internship to get a wide range of experience, but primarily Link magazine. Others may include MicroLink (the associated podcast), a career workbook, and much more.
They will assist in areas such as social media, graphic design, content writing, editing, and marketing. The publications assistant will be involved in most aspects of publications development and be encouraged to share ideas
More specifically, your key duties and responsibilities will be the following:
- Collaborate with the Publications Manager to ensure publications run smoothly over the next few months
- Find, create, edit, and/or design content
- Communicate professionally and promptly as needed with all contacts
- Assist the Publications Manager, Events Supervisor, and Print Shop manager as needed with other tasks (such as assisting BCIT students with exporting files for print, or helping the Events manager develop inventory control measures)
Relationship Building, Networking and Communication
- Manage and cultivate authentic relationships with all staff and key stakeholders
- Maintain confidentiality as needed, especially regarding contributors, clients, and budgets
- Understand and follow all policies and procedures
Other Related Duties
- Assist other staff with duties, especially when busy
- Other related duties as required
- Maintain a professional and friendly demeanour when interacting with any stakeholders
- Understand and promote our mission and values naturally and know our basic history
- Attend all staff meetings and training sessions as required
- Must be able to focus on a digital display for long periods of time
YOU. Our Successful Candidate. In addition, you must have:
- Great verbal communication skills
- Intermediate proficiency using Windows and Mac computers
- Intermediate proficiency using MS Office Suite
- Excellent initiative
- Superior written English skills
What You Get in Return.
We are a fun, dynamic team who are focused on putting forward their best. We focus on collaboration and creating meaningful relationships. Our staff receive discounted parking, 40% off food items, and 25% off store items.
How to Apply!
Please submit your resume to email@example.com with the subject “Publications Coordinator”.
Thank you to all candidates who apply. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
BCITSA encourages applications regardless of race, colour, ancestry, place of origin, political belief, religion, marital status, family status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, gender, gender identity, or age. We value equity and diversity in the workplace, and the positive impact that it has on our teams. Upon receiving an interview, you may request accommodation for any accessibility needs.
BCITSA respectfully acknowledges that the land on which BCIT’s main campuses are located is the traditional and unceded territory of the Coast Salish peoples, specifically the shared traditional territories of the Səl̓ílwətaʔ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh), Sḵw ̱xwú7mesh Úxwumixw (Squamish), and xʷ məθkʷəyə̓ m (Musqueam) First Nations.