The Magazine Association of BC is committed to encouraging inclusivity, diversity, accountability and accessibility.
Our most recent project was offering two workshops in concert with the Association of Book Publishers of BC (ABPBC) in Vancouver and Victoria on May 23 and 24, 2019.
Code of conduct from the workshops is here.
The ABPBC’s member code of conduct is here.
If you’re interested in learning more, check out the Writers Guild of America West’s list of Industry Inclusion and Equity Writing Programs, Conferences and Festivals
Stealing Someone Else’s Voice by Ijeoma Oluo
Facebook Doesn’t Care About You by Kate Lesniak
Race, Culture, and the Gatekeepers of Language by Ijeoma Oluo
Resisting ‘CanLit’ | West Coast Indigenous Writers
Don’t know the best resources to inform yourself? We can help. We have compiled a variety of resources in the following areas:
If you have a suggestions for additional resources, please contact Sylvia Skene, Executive Director, MagsBC
Check back here for news about upcoming initiatives offered by the Magazine Association of BC.
- Kerry Slavens, Editor-in-Chief, Page One Publishing
- Upcoming Events and ProDev as of September 23, 2019
- Upcoming Magazine Submission and Other Deadlines as of September 22, 2019
- Delay to Canada Periodical Fund Aid To Publishers Program for 2020-2021
- Tax basics for magazine freelancers workshop, November 7 with Jessica Somers