Board Member and Treasurer, ROOM Magazine (Volunteer Position)
- Serve as member of the Board of Directors of the West Coast Feminist Literary Society;
- Support the Publisher & Managing Editor and provide direct oversight and feedback on the preparation of budgets, annual financial statements, tax returns and other financial planning;
- Support the Publisher & Managing Editor in the management of the financial responsibilities of the organization;
- Present financial statements as appropriate at Board meetings and the Audited Financial Statements at the Annual General Meeting;
- Ensure that financial best practices are in place in the organization.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Experience and expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Financial planning/management;
- Charitable/foundation fundraising;
- An interest in feminist literary culture and a commitment to intersectional feminism, anti-racism and queer liberation;
- Availability for board meetings and informal connections with ROOM Staff;
- Knowledge of QuickBooks and nonprofit management an asset
If you would like to help lead a dynamic organization with a staff of talented and passionate individuals, please send an introductory email plus CV to the Publisher, Molly Cross-Blanchard, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Expressions of interest are requested by July 15, 2021.No tags for this post.