Yellow Pages is a digital media and marketing solutions leader. We connect people and businesses in neighbourhoods across Canada through our digital properties and services.
Yellow Pages (YP) is no longer the company that you know. We are conducting a complete digital transformation and we are redefining the way people use mobile apps every day to shop, work, live and play.
By joining our team, you’ll play a key role in our continued success. We offer a work environment that values customer commitment, open communication, teamwork, tangible results and efficiency. We also offer an exceptional benefit plan, pension, and generous vacations. If you are looking to take your career to the next level, apply and join us in our transformation and contribute to our success!
Why do we need you?
The City Editor will be our in-house expert on all things Vancouver. The City Editor loves exploring the city, is in-the-know on local events, can rattle off a list of the city’s hidden gems, is plugged into the local blogger community and has a track record of creating great digital and social media content that demonstrates their amazing local expertise.
What will you be doing?
- Keeping close tabs on the best places to eat, shop and play in Vancouver
- Guiding our Vancouver content strategy with your considerable local knowledge and connections
- Writing compelling editorial content that showcases local merchants and helps to fulfill our mission to support the local economy
- Building and coaching a team of expert contributors (celebrities, bloggers, freelance writers and photographers)
- Editing content, maintaining YP’s editorial standards
- Connecting with PR agencies and advertisers
- Keeping abreast of the latest trends in social media and web publishing
- Uploading content to a content management system
What are we looking for?
- 3+ years of experience creating digital content, preferably in an editorial environment
- Proven ability to engage audiences using social media
- University Degree or College Diploma specializing in English, Journalism, Communications or PR
- Strong networking and people skills
- Familiarity with Mac platform
- Experience with the following: content management systems, WordPress, Photoshop, MS Office
- High level of familiarity with SEO best practices
- Digital photography experience an asset
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work within tight deadlines
- Problem solving skills
- Multitasking skills
Apply through YP. Thank you for your interest in YP! Please note that only qualified candidates will be contacted.