Knowledge Network, British Columbia’s public broadcaster, is looking for a Photo Editor/Designer for our Brand team based in Vancouver. Are you passionate about photography? This is an excellent opportunity to put your strong visual design sense to work.
- Manage incoming photography for our bi-monthly K: magazine, digital and social media platforms
- Photo research for all platforms – print, digital and social
- Manage quality control and prepare imagery
- Layout and design the magazine
- Retouch and prepare images for pre-press
- Work on a variety of additional design projects.
Qualifications and requirements:
- A degree or diploma in visual arts, graphic design, publishing, or other creative discipline
- A strong photographic eye
- Design and production experience in print
- Superior skills with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Lightrooom, Illustrator, and InCopy); experience with Keynote and PowerPoint an asset
- Solid organizational skills; strong attention to detail
- Ability to perform multiple tasks within a collaborative editorial environment
- A positive attitude; able to work independently within a team
- Must be deadline driven.
Position is full-time, $55,000+/year.
We offer a dynamic learning environment and an opportunity to work with a diverse creative team. Knowledge Network is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in everything we do.
Drop us an email stating why you are the right person for us, with a resume and portfolio of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 31, 2017.