Mountain Sledder is a print magazine with an online platform at sleddermag.com. It is the premier destination for all the latest information and stories from the world of mountain snowmobiling. Mountain Sledder publishes stories, images and video from the biggest names in professional snowmobiling. We also post fresh content online—the latest news, videos, stories and gear reviews.
We are looking for an intern extraordinaire to join our team.
16 weeks, from September 15 to January 15 with a one week break at Christmas, 20 hrs/week, $14/hr.
Depending on the skills and interests of the chosen candidate, the internship may involve one or more of the following projects:
- Editorial research
- Assist with social media content
- Assist with proofing content
- Fact checking
- Assist with content creation (print and digital)—product reviews, interviews and trip stories
- Video editing
- WordPress content upload including Search Engine Optimization
- Help at our booth at snowmobile trade show event in Edmonton
- Communication with advertisers and assisting with advertising proposals
- Research potential advertising opportunities and contacts
- Help with distribution list update
- Assist with Google analytics analysis
- This internship is open to students and recent graduates of journalism, publishing, professional writing, electronic publishing, communications, design, business, marketing, advertising or a comparable program at an accredited post-secondary institution. Interns may be accepted up to three (3) years after graduation
- We’d strongly prefer someone with knowledge of the snowmobile industry
- The candidate’s schedule needs to allow for 20 hours/week commitment
- Ability to work well as part of a team AND unsupervised, be punctual, meet deadlines and possess attention to detail
- Video editing experience an asset
- Work with an established magazine
- Work closely with Editor and Art Director and assist with content creation and publishing workflow
- Be part of planning our website redesign and new digital programs
- Learn about magazine pitches, assist with proposals
- Gain experience in video production
- Get to know all aspect of the print production cycle—content creation, advertising relationships, design, pre-press and distribution
- Learn/expand knowledge of the snowmobile industry
- Learn about digital publishing
Resume, references, and sample of writing required. Position open until filled.
Email application to Jessica Joy, email@example.com
Read more about Mountain Sledder magazine on sleddermag.com