WORDPRESS MAGAZINE DEVELOPMENT & CONTENT CREATION – INTERNSHIP
The successful candidate will assist in the launch of INSPIRED Senior Living‘s new electronic magazine complementary to our print magazine while creating brand coherence between our print magazine, digital magazine, events, housing database, books, podcasts, blogs, newsletters, etc. The outcome will be:
- the creation and launch of a fully populated online magazine with relevant material suited to the 55+ readership,
- the cohesive integration of all our tertiary products under one strong unique brand, and
- the creation of marketing opportunities for businesses to reach the 55+ consumer through all our products.
CREATION & LAUNCH OF ONLINE MAGAZINE
This would include formatting of our new, unlaunched WordPress website, collection and posting of relevant content, and writing brand-cohesive copy.
INTEGRATION OF BRAND PRODUCTS
All our products are purposefully chosen to serve the 55+ user. The new website will provide integration of all our branded products within a cohesive framework that provides marketing opportunities to our advertising customers. Branded products include:
- established print magazine distributed BC wide
- complementary online magazine
- semi-annual 55+ lifestyle show
- searchable housing database
- best-seller housing book (print and digital download)
- development of podcasts, online interviews
- two blogs with high potential opportunity to reach readers and businesses
- development of two newsletter mail lists for readers and businesses
Applicants must be students at or recent graduates (within 3 years) from an accredited post-secondary institution.
The intern will:
- Understand and be able to articulate our brand, products, and marketing objectives within their work
- Skillfully develop and format our digital magazine to complement our print magazine
- Work on the integration of all our tertiary products under our brand, maximizing them as additional revenue streams; including our events, online housing dbase, blogs, podcasts, books, newsletters, etc.
This job is not about developing or expanding our company in the social media context. The intern will not be working with Facebook or Twitter. However, having an understanding of these forums and how they work would be helpful.
Length of internship: 16 weeks, plus 2 unpaid weeks during holiday break.
Position: half-time, 20 hours per week.
Location: Victoria, BC
Initial application deadline: October 11, 2017. Posting will be active until filled.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to: Barbara Risto, Publisher – firstname.lastname@example.org 250-479-4705 (x 105)