In this capacity, an intern may participate in all or some of the following (at the publisher’s discretion):
- Communicating with writers as related to word counts, deadlines and editorial.
- Preparing and editing articles and columns for each edition of the magazine.
- Finding appropriate editorial, photos and graphics as directed by the senior editor.
- Ensuring that all articles and columns are sent to the production manager before the print deadline.
- Attending editorial and publishing planning meetings with the publisher.
- Helping create strategic surveys and readership profiles.
- Helping create marketing strategies for print and online.
- Helping optimize website traffic.
- Attending special events, workshops and conferences.
- Representing Common Ground at events.
- Managing the editor’s email.
Hours per week: 20
Hourly rate of remuneration: $14 per hour
Start date: September 4, 2018
End Date: February 18, 2018
All candidates are invited to submit their resume and cover letter by email to Sonya Weir at firstname.lastname@example.org
Position open until filled.