EVENT Magazine seeks a part-time assistant to work in several areas of small magazine activity. Reporting to the Managing Editor and Editor at our office in New Westminster, BC, the successful candidate will: work independently to produce and disseminate online content and manage social media accounts; help with marketing and promotion for our magazine, contributors, contests and events; and assist with administrative tasks and in organizing and running our fundraising book sale.
This is a 6-month position consisting of 7 hours per week from late November to May, with time off for statutory holidays and Christmas break, and with the possibility of renewal.
Payment will be at a rate of $20/hr + 9% in lieu of benefits.
- creating, procuring, and posting content on EVENT’s website, including author interviews, short articles, content from the magazine and archives, recordings of author readings, etc.
- implementing a social media calendar and a management dashboard such as Hootsuite to coordinate posts across platforms; maintaining EVENT’s social media presence by sharing EVENT news and events, calls for submission, announcements, web links, etc.
- creating, developing and monitoring online campaigns to market our print and digital editions, contests and fundraising book sale
- assisting with administrative tasks such as mailouts, direct mail campaigns and renewals
- helping run our annual fundraising book sale
- other tasks as needed
The ideal candidate will possess:
- ability to take initiative and work independently
- educational background in publishing, professional writing, journalism, communications, marketing or comparable program from an accredited post-secondary institution
- demonstrated experience managing social media streams
- excellent writing, grammar and English-language communication skills
- a working knowledge of WordPress; knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and/or SEO analysis an asset
- experience in marketing and promotion
- a passion for contemporary literature and an understanding of small literary magazines
- skills in producing audiovisual content
- exceptional organization and time management skills
- strong interpersonal skills
- experience in administrative tasks
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by November 12, 2018. Please note that only those short-listed candidates will be contacted.