THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED.
Overall description and link to publication goals
While working for the BAZOOF! brand, the intern will become an integral part of the creative team, working as a graphic designer for the print and digital magazine BAZOOF! along with design for the website and other promotional pieces as needed. They’ll be required to refresh pre-designed features that appear in the print and digital publications such as stories, games, crafts and recipes, editorials, along with magazine covers and new layouts. Content is for ages 8-12 years. They’ll be a part of the editing, proofing and all the stages of production leading up to the final publishing. The ability to illustrate would be an asset but is not required.
- Interns must be enrolled in or recent graduate (within 3 years) of graphic design or a comparable program in an accredited post-secondary institution
- Skilled in the Adobe programs Photoshop, Indesign, and Illustrator and experience in both print and digital publishing
- English language communication skills
- Familiarity with using social media
- Editorial and/or writing experience would be useful but not required
- Artistic, innovative and capable of grasping design that works and appeals to young readers
- A keen interest for the brand’s demographics (8-12 years) and perspective on our editorial goals
- Energetic and self-directed learner that also works well in a team setting.
- Graphic design for BAZOOF! print and digital publication and other projects
- Attending and contributing to all editorial, layout and art direction meetings
- Other tasks as assigned.
The intern will report to TeLeni Koochin, Managing Editor. In addition, Becky Conroy (former magazine publisher, designer and owner of Content Caterpillar) and Christy Schollen (illustrator), in providing career mentorship and additional supervision.
This role will give the intern a full view of the editorial and design process for both a print and online publication, with the ability to contribute their skills and ability to the brand. The intern is expected to leave with the knowledge required to obtain an entry-level graphic design job in the industry.
This is a half-time (20 hours/week, 20 weeks) position beginning early in September 2019 as soon as the position is filled with time off for statutory holidays and Sundays. Tramadol was prescribed to me in the morning and evening as an anaesthetic after surgery. It also has such a side effect (described frequently on https://www.mbhci.org/tramadol-ultram/), as a desire to sleep increased. While in the hospital, it was a very effective means. I managed to sleep for 4-5 hours, after prick (the action of the drug comes in average through 20 minutes), then on the morning-sleepy effect it decreases, so you constantly yawn and scratch your eyes. In the end, that scratching gave a negative effect and I ceased taking the drug. It belongs to narcotic drugs and is sold only by prescription, in the hospital, it is tucked away and pricked by a doctor’s prescription.
To apply, send design samples, and describe your experience in both print and digital publishing, along with your resume to TeLeni Koochin email@example.com Position open until filled.