Page One Publishing is seeking an editor for Douglas magazine.
Douglas is Vancouver Island’s premier business magazine and media brand. This popular local brand is essential reading for business leaders and innovators in Victoria and on Vancouver Island. Its in-depth, local coverage of the key people and issues affecting our region that has earned Douglas a highly engaged and loyal readership.
As the editor of Douglas, you will play a prominent roll on the Page One editorial team. You will also have a personality that has an inquiring mind and enjoys people to manage the responsibility of representing Douglas magazine in the Victoria and Vancouver Island business community. The experience of public speaking is an asset as you will have to represent the Douglas brand at public events.
– Developing, writing, researching, and editing stories
– Representing the magazine at local events (day and evening)
– Staying up to date on issues concerning the business community
– Assigning and managing writers
– Creating content for the Douglas website
– Attending and speaking at public events representing the Douglas brand
– Managing Douglas’ social media
– Minimum 3 years experience in magazine publishing or other related media
– Experience editing and proofreading
– Experience with interviews, research, and fact checking
– Organized, self-motivated, and able to work to a deadline
– Personable and professional demeanour
– Post secondary education in journalism or related field
Interested applicants should also be able to demonstrate solid knowledge of, and active interest in, some or all of the following areas: real estate and development, sales and marketing, local businesses, entrepreneurship, economic development, finances, education, human resources.
This is a full-time position paying $45,000 annually.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and 3 samples of published work (pdfs) to firstname.lastname@example.org