Page One Publishing is looking for a talented and experienced editorial designer. As a valued member of the team, you’ll thrive in a performance-driven environment that emphasizes employee leadership and accountability for delivering results.
Page One Publishing, established in 1998, is one of British Columbia’s largest independent magazine publishers.
Learn more about us online: http://www.pageonepublishing.ca/
Reporting to the Production Manager, you will be responsible for designing and preparing publications, online graphics and content, advertisements, and promotional material.
The following are the key responsibilities for this role:
- Design and flow entire publications
- Create compelling designs that are within brand standards
- Design web graphics and online content
- Research and acquire supporting graphic content
- Design and produce print ads, online ads, and marketing materials
- Work with all team members; artists, sales, and management, with a high degree of communication
- Check supplied ad material for technical soundness
To be considered for this position, candidates must have the following qualifications:
- Magazine publishing experience
- An excellent grasp of current design and typography trends
- Detail-oriented with solid technical skills and knowledge of print industry practices and standards, from prepress to print production
- Ability to work independently and meet tight deadlines
- Self-motivated and possess excellent time management skills
- The ability to handle multiple projects, problem solve and have an excellent sense of prioritizing in a fast-paced environment
- Must have the ability to work remotely
- The ability to create animated graphics for video
- Experience and interest in designing for the web
- Web site creation
- Extensive knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) on a Mac platform.
- Experience using WordPress, Mailchimp, and Adobe Premiere Pro or equivalent
Resumes may be submitted by email to email@example.com.
NO TELEPHONE CALLS or “ON SITE” VISITS.
Only those candidates shortlisted for this position will be contacted.No tags for this post.