ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
The role of the Content Coordinator is equal parts writing and coordinating content.
In addition to writing and editing the magazine’s Resident Feature and other content for each issue, the Content Coordinator manages submissions from residents and clients, communicates with the Publisher and other team members, and updates and formats all content for online submission.
Strong computer literacy is required, as all content must be uploaded to the online platform by the Submission Deadline.
The Content Coordinator also proofs the magazine to ensure a polished, print-ready product.
Responsibilities of the Content Coordinator:
- Find a feature family for each issue (utilizing referrals from past features whenever possible)
- Coordinate and write a new Resident Feature for each magazine
- Coordinate with magazine’s photographer to secure feature photos
- Compile a local Calendar of Events section
- Write Business Profiles and/or additional monthly articles as directed by the Publisher
- Edit and format all contributed content, including Expert Contributor articles, Neighbourhood and Youth Classifieds sections and resident-submitted articles
- Upload all content to the Back Office portal by the Submission Deadline
- Proof magazine content within 24 business hours of the Designer completing the first proof
- Collaborate with Publisher to create interesting local content or add new sections as needed
The Content Coordinator is NOT responsible for:
- Checking ads
- Coordinating paid advertising
- Making magazine design decisions/directives
- Must be proficient in computer skills such as internet navigation, copy + paste, email, and uploading/downloading images and attachments
- Must have Microsoft Word and Excel and be comfortable using them
- Must show professional, friendly and timely communication via email and phone
- Must have strong organizational and time management skills in order to successfully manage and write incoming content from multiple sources
- Must be detail-oriented and able to complete tasks in a timely manner
- Proximity and connections to the Oak Bay community would be considered a bonus
Hours of work: 10-20 hours per month
Rate of pay: $500 per month
Location: Victoria, BC
To apply, please send a resume, cover letter and writing sample to Edward Vanstone, firstname.lastname@example.org