Dementia Connections magazine is seeking to hire an Editorial Assistant for an internship. We are in an exciting time of transition from a small regional magazine to a national publication, serving people impacted by dementia right across Canada.
You are passionate about making the world a better place through the creation of outstanding content and engaging communications. You are also resourceful, self-directed, organized and detail-oriented, with strong interpersonal and writing skills. Our ideal candidate has a solid understanding of the mechanics of digital marketing.
Supervised by Editor in Chief, Carolyn Brandly, the intern will:
- Collaborate with the Editorial Team to research, plan and write articles.
- Provide administrative support when needed, including liaising with writers, advertisers and Design, Production, Sales and Website Team members.
- Write online content and social media posts.
- Proofread and fact check.
- Provide support to the Dementia Connections team with digital marketing initiatives and promotion of editorial material.
Must be enrolled in or be a recent (within three years) graduate of journalism, publishing, writing or a comparable program at an accredited post-secondary institution.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Google Docs and Adobe Acrobat is essential.
- Experience with WordPress and in developing social media content is ideal.
Internship duration: May 24 – Sept 10, 2021
Hours: 20 hours/week (remote work-from-home)
Wage: Starting $19.10/hour
Please send resume and cover letter/email to: Carolyn Brandly, Editor in Chief, firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: May 14, 2021No tags for this post.