This internship has been cancelled.
Island Parent Magazine is looking for a Social Media Manager (intern) to work with our growing team.
The ideal applicant will possess strong knowledge of the digital media landscape, including all social media channels.
With the ongoing guidance and support of their supervisor and mentor, the successful candidate will be responsible for monitoring and posting on blogs and social networks.
Post-secondary students and recent graduates (within 3 years) looking to gain valuable online media experience with an established organization are encouraged to apply.
Under the direction and assistance of supervisor and publisher Jim Schneider and the mentorship and additional supervision and assistance of sales manager Kristine Wickheim, the intern will:
- Create and implement social media campaigns
- Develop content calendars on a weekly and monthly basis for company brands
- Monitor analytics with social media team to identify viable ideas
- Create engaging blog and social media content
- At least 6 months education or experience, or a combination of both, in social media/marketing
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest and Google+
- Experience with social media analytics, including Google Analytics and Facebook Insights
- Applicants must be enrolled or a recent graduate (within 3 years) of an accredited post-secondary institution
Hours of work & wage: 20 hours/week @ $17.19/hour for 20 weeks (not including winter break) from October 1st, 2021 to Feb. 22nd, 2022.
Please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Position open until filled.No tags for this post.