This position has been filled.
Type: Part-time, 6-month contract (Sept 2023-Feb 2024)
Weekly Hours: 20
Location: remote from home, digital team
Reports to: Executive Director
About NatureKids BC:
NatureKids BC (NKBC) is a registered charity that helps children ages 5-12 get outdoors to explore, play, learn about and take action for nature. We do this through an award-winning network of Nature Clubs that extends across BC.
Together with our volunteer club leaders, nature mentors and donors, we share a vision of working together to help children develop a love of nature, a lifelong connection to the natural world, and build the environmental literacy and skills to take action for nature.
NatureKids BC is offering a 22-week internship position to assist with a challenging and fun variety of tasks related to the production and distribution of our growing and evolving quarterly publication, NatureWILD.
The intern’s work will advance the public profile of the NatureWILD magazine and will work on career-related tasks, including supporting the production management implementation for the winter, spring and summer NatureWILD issues of 2023-2024.
- Passionate about building community through creating engaging, youth-oriented publications
- A responsive relationship builder and clear communicator
- A collaborative team player and leader that works well independently within a distributed team
- A lover of details with a knack for organizing yourself and others
- Thrilled to be contributing to a community purpose and mission-driven organization
With guidance and assistance from the executive director and editor, the intern will:
- update promotional tools and campaigns related to NatureWILD magazine aligned with NatureKids BC brand
- support the magazine editors with content collection and editing
- conduct marketing research, data entry and analysis related to expanding reach of the publication
- interact with NatureWILD development committee volunteers supporting the process of building a digital e-version of the publication that will link with NatureKids BC programming
- update WordPress website and develop content for social media to promote publication
- update the central hub of data collection from contributors and subscribers
- A student or recent graduate (within 3 years) from an accredited post-secondary institution in a marketing, communications publishing, or related program
- A demonstrable interest in parks and nature
- Enthusiasm for kids and families’ access to resources that support learning about nature
- Well organized, able to work independently, efficiently, accurately
- Able to establish and maintain careful organization of work tasks
- Comfortable using software programs, including having basic to intermediate knowledge and experience with Google Suite, Microsoft Word and Excel, Canva, InDesign software, Facebook and Instagram social media platforms
- Good communication skills through written, spoken and visual display
- A solid understanding of the functions related to full-cycle magazine publishing is an asset
- Experience with communications planning, internal organizational reporting and analysis, content creation for public relations, public outreach is an asset
NatureKids BC nurtures mentorship and lives the values of empowerment, integrity and collaboration. This role will elevate the organization’s visibility and engage a broader community of families and educators in BC. The NatureWILD intern will work on exciting career-related tasks within a team culture that is open, entrepreneurial, and growing the children & nature movement.
Position open until filled, with the anticipated start date of September 5, 2023 and end date of February 23, 2024.
Email your resume, cover letter and references to Executive Director, NatureKids BC at email@example.com with Subject: NatureWILD internship.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Only those selected for interview will be contacted.