Patrick has four decades of online experience beginning with his time as a teen pioneering Vancouver’s bulletin board community of the 1980s. In the mid-90s, he created “Coming Attractions”, a website that became one of the world’s biggest online portals for fast-breaking movie news.
After his site was acquired, Patrick became the creative director for a Vancouver-based digital marketing agency where he developed online strategy campaigns for numerous companies including The Rick Hansen Foundation, Bosa Development Group, MetroCan Construction and Elevate Me energy bars.
Patrick’s digital marketing skillset includes:
- Copywriting and online content strategy; keyword analysis; site architecture strategy
- SEO (search engine optimization), for both on-site and off-site purposes
- SEM (search engine marketing), including paid ad creation and management (Facebook & Google Ads primarily)
- Social media strategy and management
- CRO (conversion rate optimization), which is the process of improving results for landing pages
- Website redesign strategy
Patrick has been interviewed by Vanity Fair, The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal and many other publications about technology’s transformative role in business and entertainment. He also teaches digital marketing and online business development at VanArts.