— Last checked and updated April 30, 2021, by Rachel Lin, Langara College Library & Information Technology practicum students.
This is a selective list; there are many more resources out there!
See also Professional Development
- Asian Canadian Writers Workshop: The workshop is organized to promote the cultural activities of Asian Canadian literary arts. The workshops and events are conducted in English. There is a small discount for members and membership is free. Visit Site
- The Burnaby Photographic Society: The association arranges weekly meetings for discussing, exchanging techniques, and workshops. The topics are related to various aspects of photography for both professional and non-professional photographers. Visit Site
- Editors BC — Professional Development Seminars: Full and half-day seminars on topics related to editing, freelancing and managing your business. Visit Site
- Emily Carr University — Courses + Workshops: Continuing Studies at Emily Carr University offers an individual course and workshop for print media. This program is a flexible certificate program. Visit Site
- Federation of BC Writers: FBCW offers programs, workshops and events to support all writers, both emerging writers and seasoned professionals. Visit Site
- Marketing Workshops in North Vancouver British Columbia by Lonsdale Avenue Magazine. Visit Site
- SFU Publishing Workshops: An annual series of courses and short programs for professional writers and publishers, including a symposium and lecture series. At SFU Harbour Centre in Vancouver. Visit Site
- The Tyee Master Classes: These weekend workshops offer immersion training in specialized disciplines designed and taught by acclaimed industry experts. Sign up for their newsletter to receive reminders.
- Women’s Online Writing as Healing Workshop: This workshop series is organized by the Victoria Creative Writing Group. The series is designed to inspire writing, creativity and self-connection. Visit Site